Scottish Badge Scheme
ROA members who hold a Horseracing Privilege Photocard and own at least a 5% share in a horse currently trained in Scotland can apply for the Scottish Racing Admission Scheme.
This scheme allows free admission to almost every fixture held at Ayr, Hamilton Park, Kelso, Musselburgh and Perth racecourses.
- Ayr – one complimentary Club Enclosure badge.
- Hamilton Park – two complimentary general admission badges.
- Kelso – one complimentary Members’ Day Badge
- Musselburgh – two complimentary Owners’ Pavilion badges, except for Ladies Day on Saturday, June 6, which is omitted from the scheme.
- Perth – two complimentary Grandstand badges, except for April 22-24, June 7 and June 20 when one badge will be allocated.
How to apply for the scheme
To apply online for this scheme please complete the form below. Alternatively email us with your name, membership number and the name(s) of your horse(s) or call the office on 020 7152 0200.
Scottish Racing Admission Scheme: Terms and Conditions
Membership of the ROA does not automatically mean you are accepted onto the Scottish Owners Badge Scheme. You must meet the following criteria for your card to be activated:
- You must own at least a 5% share in a horse that is currently trained in Scotland. A horse is regarded as being in training when this is reflected in the “horses in training return” submitted to Weatherbys by the Trainer.
- The Partnership or Syndicate of which you are a member must be registered with Weatherbys. In the case of a syndicate the ROA will request that the syndicator indicates in writing the percentage(s) owned by the ROA member.
- The trainer of the horse must be based in Scotland.
- You must hold either a valid PASS card or a current ROA membership card.
Acceptance onto the Scheme provides one complimentary members’ badge at participating fixtures to the ROA member only. This is strictly non-transferable. Abuse of this could result in the members’ place on the scheme being revoked.
Qualifying members will receive a letter of confirmation. Your card will not be activated for the Scheme until you receive the letter of confirmation.
The scheme runs from January 1st to December 31st in any year. Members will need to re-apply for the following year’s scheme.
Owners with runners on the day will only receive their standard allocation of badges. The Scheme cannot be used to add to this quota.
Only owners with runners on the day will have access to the Owners’ and Trainers’ facilities.
Entry to each racecourse is subject to the Terms and Conditions of entry at that racecourse.
Members who let their ROA subscription lapse will lose their Scottish Owners Badge Scheme place. This can be reinstated on reactivation of membership.