Careers with the ROA
Looking for a new challenge? The ROA is looking for a new Finance Manager
The Racehorse Owners Association has an exciting vacancy for an experienced #financemanager to join our #dynamic and #ambitious team.
We are looking for a team player with a commercial mindset to work alongside the CEO. You should have the proven ability and expertise to provide financial guidance and hold overall responsibility for the Association’s financial strategy to deliver the business objectives. This will include the setting and effective management of the budgets, IT and accounting systems and compliance with all legislative and audit requirements.
No previous background or experience in horseracing required.
Hybrid working with the expectation of spending approx 3 days in our Reading office (25 mins by direct train from Paddington)
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
· Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive.
· Develop and control the Association’s annual operating budget to ensure all of the agreed financial targets are met and all statutory regulations are complied with.
· Provide strategic and financial guidelines to ensure the Association’s commitments are met.
· Working with the Chief Executive to contribute to the development of the Association’s strategy, challenging assumptions and providing analytical feedback to allow a sound decision making basis supported by comprehensive guidance on plans, targets, and business drivers.
· Create and maintain a strong culture of cost control within the ROA.
· Responsibility for the financial management and reporting of all business projects.
· Take overall control of the accounting systems and ensure they are robust, compliant and that all of the necessary policies and procedures are in place to maintain effective financial management within the ROA.
· Manage and report on the ROA’s balance sheet ensuring the correct treatment is applied to capital requirements, investments, additions and disposals.
· Monitor and review all external contracts to ensure services provided by suppliers provide the best value to the company and are operated effectively.
· Oversee the preparation of the ROA’s accounts ensuring these are presented accurately and on time with full supporting data.
· Work with any appointed internal / external audit representative to assist in developing a sound internal audit procedure to comply with all financial procedures and regulations.
· Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the ROA meets its financial and legal obligations including the requirements of all statutory bodies.
· Oversee the preparation of the monthly financial reporting process and prepare accurate and timely board reports on areas such as capital development and management accounting.
· Work with the Chief Executive on any proposals for capital investment within the business ensuring detailed rational and return on investment models are prepared and presented.
· Establish a high level of credibility to manage strong working relationships with Board members, colleagues, suppliers, partners and industry stakeholders.
About you: Qualifications: Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification. Experience: Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams. Strong IT, analytic and modelling skills. Personality: Excellent communicator. Ability to influence at all levels. Works well under pressure. Organised, systematic and process driven.
Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business. Energetic, highly motivated and an inquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. In return you will be offered a competitive salary along with annual CPD training with an investment in your professional and personal development, a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance and importantly the opportunity to go racing and learn more about the industry in which the ROA operates.
If you have the skills and ambition for this rewarding role, please apply in writing with your CV to [email protected] Location: Hybrid / Reading Office