Whether you've a horse in training or are an eager racing enthusiast, we've great benefitsJoin Here
20% discounts on BHA Registrations
Worth up to £75 per memberFULL LIST OF DISCOUNTS HERE
Racecourse entry when you don't have a runner
Just five visits per year would save an average of £100 per membership
We have liaised with racecourses to organise complimentary access to fixtures for ROA Members.ROA Racecourse Admission Scheme
Third Party Liability Insurance
Owners are currently vulnerable to claims even when their horse is in somebody else’s possession, so it is strongly advisable to ensure that you are covered for your interest in a racehorse. This is an automatic benefit for ROA members. Terms and conditions apply.Third Party Liability Scheme
Raceday Curtailment Scheme
Compensation if a fixture is abandoned after the first race. (T&C apply). Over 500 members have received compensation via this scheme since its inception.Raceday Curtailment Scheme
Access to our owner-sponsorship in order to reclaim VAT
An average of £4,000 can be reclaimed per horse per year under the Racehorse Owners VAT scheme
Owners who secure sponsorship for their racing activities can register for VAT and reclaim VAT on the purchase of their racehorse and racing related expenses including training fees. We can also help with your VAT reclaim!ROA / Tote Sponsorship VAT Solution
20% discount on ROA VAT Solution
Racehorse Owners Association
The ROA has launched a new VAT Solution for Owners driven by a dedicated team with over 20 years experience of The Racehorse Owners VAT scheme.
Alongside the teams' experience and knowledge, the service will be powered through the market-leading XERO accounting software which is fully compliant with HMRC’s Making Tax Digital requirements introduced in April 2019.
Members qualify for a 20% discount on this service.Visit ROA VAT Solution
Racing TV Day Pass
We have partnered with Racing TV to bring ROA Members free day passes which can be used on days you have a runner. You can then either access the main Racing TV channel or dedicated live feed from the track your horse is running at with Racing TV Extra.Racing TV Day Pass
Advice on Ownership
Members of the ROA are entitled to free, impartial and confidential advice from its experienced team on [email protected]
Racing Welfare Services
As a partner to the charity, we are pleased to announce that Racing Welfare has offered to extend access to the following services to ROA members:
- Racing’s Support Line - ‘in the moment’ telephone support from an accredited counsellor, available 24/7 365 days a year.
- Access to professional counselling - via telephone or online to suit the individual
- Telephone Information Service – advice on a range of matters, with all advisors being Citizens Advice Bureau trained.
- Woebot – an easy to use app created by Stanford-trained psychologists that enables users to access in the moment emotional support 24/7. The app checks in on you, helping you track your mood, identify patterns and give insight into particular issues or concerns that you may not have realised were causing emotional distress. Woebot can teach techniques and tools such as behavioural therapies or breathing exercises.
- Sleepstation – accessible through www.racingwelfare.co.uk, Sleepstation is designed to help you overcome your sleep issues with effective, tried and tested methods which are easily implemented into your life.