Fakenham announce prize-money commitment
Fakenham have released their commitment and pledge to Owners for the 2021/22 season - and include a welcome to all owners. The full document can be downloaded below:Fakenham Commitment and Pledge.pdf
All of us at Fakenham Racecourse are very much looking forward to the start of our 2021/22 National Hunt Season on Friday 15th October. We are especially excited to welcome back the loyal, supportive and enthusiastic racegoers that have been absent since March 2020. However, a day’s racing is not possible without the support of owners and trainers running their horses at Fakenham.
The whole world has gone through extraordinary times over the past 18 months, but as we start to put order back into our lives, I want to let you know what Fakenham promises to contributeto Prize Money and our Pledge to Owners.
If you have any questions or queries or at any time during the season, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07767 802206 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Racecourse Chairman Ian Mason on 07775 833116 or email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support of Fakenham, particularly during the challenging times of behind closed doors racing, and please be rest assured we continue to be proud of our rural roots: our independence: our commitment to providing the best ground possible: good prize money and a warm, friendly, Norfolk welcome to everyone.
FAKENHAM COMMITMENT & PLEDGE
- Fakenham will contribute at least £400,000 into prize money on top of all Levy Board, BHA or other central funding. The total will be spread over the twelve fixtures in the 2021-22 season.
- FREE entry for all races. This means owners do not contribute any money towards Fakenham’s prize money.
- Each race day will have two handicap races assigned as Double Up Bonus Races. If the winning horse of both races is trained by the same trainer (owners can be different) then the winning owners of both races will each receive an additional £2,000 in prize money. This additional prize money is not distributed as per the rules of racing. It all goes to the winning owner. There must be a minimum of eight runners in each race for the Double Up Bonus to be paid.
- Six complimentary owners’ badges per declared horse (nonrunners not included), plus complimentary lunch in The Cool Roxy Bar. Owners MUST PLEASE book their badge requirement on PASS by 4pm the day before racing.
- A bag of local beverages to the winning owner of each race irrespective of whether the race has a trophy or sponsor’s prize (one bag per race).
- Winning connections of all races personally entertained by the Racecourse Chairman immediately after each race. Includes celebratory champagne: sandwiches: cakes: photograph of winning horse: USB card of the race.
- A bottle of local Archangel Gin to all placed connections (placings dependent on the number of runners in the race).
- All races have a best turned-out horse award of at least £50.
- A trainer’s yard prize for all winning races.
- Single (or twin if requested) overnight accommodation in the hostel or the local hotel for stable staff the night before racing.
- Free meal and all-day tea and coffee for all stable staff on raceday.
- A warm and friendly Norfolk greeting with pre-arranged smooth passport control at all Norfolk Border points!