We are pleased to welcome Owners and intend to make their day an enjoyable and successful experience at Britain's most scenic racecourse.
Racecourse Manager: Robert Whitelock - 01434 606881 / 07778 690640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk of the Course: James Armstrong - 07801 166820 or email@example.com
Owners Liaison: Robert Whitelock - 01434 606881 / 07778 690640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Racecourse Badge Scheme for Owners fixtures: 15 of 15 fixtures
ROA Car Park Label exemptions: None
Horsemans Group Prize-money contract: Yes - Standard Tier
Racecourse Group: Independent
Racing Channel: Sky Sports Racing
Left-handed course. Click here for Racing Post course guide
Racecourse Photographer: John Grossick - 01387 750512 / 07710 461723 email@example.com
Stabling capacity: 93
By Car: Turn into Hexham at the main roundabout on A69 Newcastle to Carlisle trunk road. Cross the river bridge, straight over the roundabout, then over the railway bridge and immediately turn left at the mini roundabout. Pass the Railway Station on the left and then a Matthew Charlton store following the road up to the main Hexham thoroughfare. Turn right at the mini-roundabout and pass the County Hotel on the left. Continue on the main street for 200 yards. Take the turning on the left between a chemist and the Tap and Spile Pub. This is Eastgate. Go up Eastgate for about 400 yards where the road forks. Take the right fork (Dipton Mill Road) and climb steep hill until just reaching the brow (about ½ mile). Turn right here and straight ahead until reaching the racecourse on the left (about ½ mile).
Car Parking: There is ample free parking at the course and disabled parking spaces, which are marked on the above racecourse plan. There is also a special wheelchair viewing section near the paddock. If you required further details please contact the office.
Free Buses provided by the racecourse: On racedays there are two courtesy buses, laid on by the racecourse, which run from Hexham Railway Station and Hexham Bus Station and return from the course after the last race. These run on a 'first come, first served' basis and the pick-up times are shown on the news page a few days before each meeting. The service is run by Tyne Valley Coaches.
Taxis: Advanced Taxis, based in Hexham, also specialise in transporting racegoers to and from the course. You can find out more about the company and book a taxi online on their website www.advancedtaxis.com.
Trains: Hexham Railway station is 2.4miles away.
There is a dedicated Owners & Trainers Bar located at the top of the Parade Ring for those who have runners on the day. This bar provides Owners & Trainers with complimentary tea and coffee, bowl of soup and sandwich. Other refreshments are available to purchase.
Owners and Trainers are welcome to book a table in the Pavilion Restaurant, overlooking the racecourse. A table for the day and a four course carvery buffet is available for a discounted price of £68.40 per person (10% discount). Advance booking is essential as regrettably, tables cannot be reserved due to the popularity of this restaurant.
If your horse is a winner at Hexham Racecourse, you will receive a memento presented by our race sponsor, plus a complimentary photograph and digital copy of your race. Winning connections will also be invited into the Winners Room for a complimentary drink to toast their success and review the race.
Racing Post Ultimate Racecards - Members can take advantage of a special offer - first three months of Racing Post Ultimate Membership for £10. Click here for more details
Log in required?: Yes. Free sign-up.
Log in required: Yes - active Bet365 account required to access full library.
Racing Post - Members’ Club (Ultimate) – 12 months for the price of 9 (£261.75 save £87.25)
The last word in racing information. With news, ratings, stats, tipping and great offers this invaluable racing resource is a must for any owner. Drill into a horse’s form, pedigree, results analysis and much more.
Members' Club Ultimate now comes with free access to the Racing Post Digital Newspaper so you can view every page of the paper on your phone, tablet or computer the night BEFORE it comes out. And also Racing UK Replays are BACK. Another great way to watch your runner or if you want to see a horse's run before making a bet.
ROA members should log into the Members Area to find out how to secure these discounts.
Log in required: Yes
Log in required?: Yes. Can create a Sporting Life log in, or by using one that you may have already set up through ITV7, SkyBet, Sky Super6, Sky Fantasy Football, Sky Six-A-Side - then click on Horse Racing and then search, input the name of your horse and then click on the Horse name. Select the race you want, and the video will appear at the bottom of the screen after the result.
The ROA is here to support and assist owners returning to the racecourse to watch their horses run whilst racing is behind closed doors and through the National Lockdown commencing Thursday 5th November. We appreciate that this is a challenging time for you all, but we always appreciate that we are fortunate that Owners and Racing continues to be active and this is in part with thanks to you all for your adherence to the protocols, which have proven the sport can continue safely during this time.
In order to assist you further we wanted to share the key points for owners to be aware of before they arrive at the races:
- Badge Allocation - Requests for owners badges need to be made by 4pm on the day before the raceday as outlined in our step by step guide below. The badge allocation for the lockdown period will be reduced to 2 badges per runner across the racecourses. Hexham does not use the PASS system and would request that owners contact the racecourse office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01434 606881 by 4.00pm on the day prior to racing to register attendance, with details of names, post codes and telephone numbers of those wishing to attend. Owners should receive a letter of introduction from Weatherbys at the entry stage advising them of race day protocol.
- Time on course – As was introduced during the initial phase of owners returning to the racecourse the time on course will be once again restricted to support owners continuing to attend during the Lockdown period. Therefore owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more 45 minutes before their first horse is due to run and leave the racecourse within an hour of the race in which they have a confirmed runner.
- No zone changes – Please ensure you adhere to the owners zone whilst in attendance on a racecourse as this will ensure owners can continue to attend racing during lockdown and beyond.
- Face Coverings – Whilst racing is behind closed doors all attendees including owners will be required to wear a face covering at all times while at the racecourse. We appreciate this is challenging, but it is essential to safeguard all racing participants and staff across all zones.
- Hospitality – Unfortunately during the lockdown period no hospitality will be available during the race days apart from basic amenities. This area will return to racing as soon as the Government enables the hospitality sector to reopen.
- Travelling to the races - Owners should travel directly to and from the venue without stopping where possible and avoid car sharing with anyone outside their own household or support bubble.
The ROA has refined its step-by-step guidance for owners going racing behind closed doors at the following link