World Pool continues to shine bright
So far this year, 13 of the 18 World Pool days scheduled to take place on British and Irish racing, starting with the QIPCO 2000 Guineas and including the major festivals through to QIPCO British Champions Day,
With 28 Totes around the globe now working together to create these huge betting pools which are hosted by the Hong Kong Jockey Club, World Pool is further internationalising the sport and shining a global spotlight on participating racecourses while generating significant new betting revenue and increased media rights for British and Irish racing. World Pool is now a key part of the future sustainable funding of the sport.
At the same time, it is creating outstanding value for Tote customers betting on racing. If you placed a £10 bet with the Tote on all winners across the 17 World Pool days in 2022 it would have generated £2,333 more than placing those bets at Industry SP.
The value World Pool creates for pool betting customers has continued in 2023 with customers 15% (or £195 to a £1 bet) better off backing winners with the Tote. Tote Win has beaten the Industry Starting Price 71% of the time (and matched on the other occasions) on World Pool days, while the Exacta and Trifecta has beaten the Forecast and Tricast 73% and 84% of the time respectively.
In addition to creating a new revenue stream for participating racecourses, racing staff are benefiting from the World Pool’s Moment of the Day initiative, which has committed £100,000 in prizes for stables throughout the season.
The most recent winners are:
- QIPCO King George Diamond Day, Saturday 22 July: Eloise O’Hart, groom of Random Harvest for winning the Group 3 Longines Valiant Stakes with Saffie Osborne
- Qatar Goodwood Festival, Tuesday 1 August: Raj Rasiah, groom of Quickthorn for winning the Group 1 Al Shaqab Goodwood Cup from the front.
- Qatar Goodwood Festival, Wednesday 2 August: Madan Singh, groom of Big Eve’s win in the Group 3 Molecomb Stakes
- Qatar Goodwood Festival, Thursday 3 August: Maddison Wright, groom of Novus, for winning the Buccellati Handicap after running at Goodwood on Tuesday
World Pool continues to be a bright light for British racing.
Remaining World Pool days in Britain and Ireland this year:
- Sky Bet Ebor Festival – York Racecourse, Wednesday 23rd to Friday 25th August
- Longines Irish Champions Day – Leopardstown, Saturday 9th September
- QIPCO British Champions Day – Ascot Racecourse, Saturday 21st October